Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Cost of Following


I was sent this video from a missionary our church supports in the Muslim world.  It contains a powerful testimony of a young, former-Muslim woman and music from the band Selah.

I don’t think we Americans have the slightest clue of the cost that one must pay to become a follower of Jesus in that part of the world.  Truly that decision has all-or-nothing consequences that may mean they will be ostracized from family and friends or even worse! 

Jesus said, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.  For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?  For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels” (Luke 9:23-26).

Watch this video with Jesus’ words in the back of your mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT4v5Ma5iiE&feature=player_detailpage

What do you think about this woman’s testimony?  What stands out to you?

How does it affect your decision to be a follower of Jesus instead of just a fan?

What has been the cost of being a follower of Jesus in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment