Friday, October 15, 2010

Getting Right With God

I have two quotes running around in my head and I have been thinking about the implications of them all week. Here they are:
“God doesn’t revive people who have it all together. He revives people who are hungry, thirsty, weak, naked, blind, and less than spotless.” – John Wimber (The Way In is the Way On, pg. 245)

“Since I rose this morning my constant prayer has been to God to lead me in all things. I pray God to take me like an old sack and shake me until entirely empty, and then fill me with the fullness of God." – D.S. Warner (Journal Entry, April 16, 1877)

Those two men are essentially talking about the same thing: getting right with God. Another way to refer to it is revival. Revival is a season when we get right with God, when we come to Him humbly, in our brokeness, and seek to return to a place of peace and right relationship with Him. It is also a time when we ask to be filled up by His Spirit and set on fire to be useful in His service.

Have you ever felt the Lord speaking to you and urging you to get right with Him? Have you ever needed a revival in your life? What was that like? Do you need one today? How is God leading you?

1 comment:

  1. "Getting Right With God"- God's invitation is open and standing, awaiting for those inclined to accept His ways for their life, i.e., righteous living. It takes an effort on the part of the seekers to come full circle, in accepting His way, as the ONLY way to live.

    Once they have been conditioned to live His way, then "living" should be set on automatic pilot, to enjoy the trip, and let their life so shine, as to be an inspiration to others. Thank God daily, it is a duty you'll enjoy.

    ReplyDelete